Client Course Description
Hidden Valley Country Club’s origins date back to the early 1920s when the club was known as the Fort Douglas Country Club. The clubhouse was located on private land near the University of Utah in the Fort Douglas area, and a golf course was constructed on public land nearby. Since the course was built on public land, it was later given to the University of Utah, and the course was no longer operated by Fort Douglas Country Club. In 1957, the club purchased nearly 300 acres of land along with good water rights at the present Hidden Valley location for its future golf course, and the club became known as Fort Douglas/Hidden Valley Country Club.
Designed by William Bell, Jr. in 1957, the original 18-hole golf course is comprised of what is known today as the Lakes nine and the Valley nine. In 1979, the club decided to expand the course by adding an additional nine holes designed by William Neff and is known today as the Mountain nine. We have developed a comprehensive Master Plan for all three nines and are in the process implementing it.