Client Course Description
After purchasing the Carlton H. Palmer property in 1946 to expand its golf facilities, the club hired Robert Trent Jones to design its course on a rolling, wooded site. (Among the players forming the first official foursome were renowned golfers Bobby Jones and Gene Sarazen). Over the past 20 years, numerous course amendments and improvements have been made, including the addition of a computerized irrigation system in 1996. More recently, extensive drainage work and a tree management program have greatly contributed to the development of The Patterson Club as one of the most challenging, respected and best-conditioned golf courses in New England.
The Patterson Club is an original Robert Trent Jones design (1946). Our Remodeling Master Plan maintains the original RTJ design intent, while updating and upgrading the course to meet today’s playability and maintenance standards. Our work to date (2007-2010) includes the rebuilding of all tee complexes (including the addition of several forward, member and championship tees), the rebuilding of all sand bunkers (including the removal and addition of several bunkers), drainage improvements and the rebuilding of two greens (#6 & #18).