Joining Rees Jones, Inc. in 2000 as an Associate Designer, Bryce has added his own diverse skills and experience to the company. After meeting a golf course architect in his hometown of Crystal Lake, Illinois, he realized at an early age he wanted to pursue a career in golf course architecture. Bryce combined his love for the game of golf with his desire to design golf courses and earned his degree in Landscape Architecture from Iowa State University. He is now Vice President and Senior Designer. He continues to be a highly skilled golfer.
In October 2010 a panel of Golf Magazine editors selected Bryce as one of three golf course architects named to “Golf’s 40 under 40: The 40 Most Influential People in Golf Under 40 Years Old.” Bryce has since added to his portfolio of golf courses, designing/renovating over 50 daily-fee, resort or private facilities in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Asia and Bahamas. Bryce was the project architect for the renovation of Bellerive Country Club which hosted the 2018 PGA Championship and Ibaraki Country Club, the site of the 2024 Japan Open. He co-designed the new Ralston Creek Course at the Daniel Island Club, host of the Nationwide Tour Championship for several years. His notable designs/renovations include Playa Grande Golf and Ocean Club (Rio San Juan, DR), Taiheiyo Club Gotemba Course (Gotemba, Japan), Lake of Isles – North Course (Stonington, CT), and Lyford Cay Club (Nassau Island, Bahamas). He did consecutive renovations for the three-course complex at Shadow Wood Country Club (Naples FL).
Bryce became an Associate Member of the American Society of Golf Course Architects (ASGCA) in 2007 and was elected a Regular Member in 2010.
Iowa State University – Ames, IA
- Graduated May 1995: Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
Rees Jones, Inc. – Montclair, NJ
- (January 2000 – Present) – Vice President (2010) & Senior Designer
- Responsible for all pre-planning client contact, site evaluation, project development and contract negotiations.
- Responsible for site analysis, course routing studies, preparation of all bid and construction documents, cost estimating, all construction inspection site visits, communicating with all project consultants and general project management.
Hale Irwin Golf Design – St. Louis, MO
- (October 1996 – December 1999) Project Architect and Design Associate
- Responsible for routing studies, construction drawings, construction management, and project management.
American Society of Golf Course Architects
- Associate Member (2007 – 2009)
- Regular Member (2010 – Present)
United States Golf Association
- Member (2001 – Present)
Montclair Golf Club – Montclair, New Jersey
- Member (2001 – Present)